No post, GPU fan stops and starts

steve10765

Daemon Poster
I just built a new computer, and the title says it all, and to make things worse it has no speaker so I can't tell whats wrong by the beeps.
The CPU fan spins fine, it doesn't stop and start like others have had problems with.
I have double checked the wires etc and made sure the RAM wasn't loose. Any ideas?
Also a weird thing is when I have the computer off the mouse lights up(it is turns off when I switch of the PSU, so it's not leftover electricity)
Gigabyte 970 ud3p
Amd fx 8330
Msi r9 270x
Corsair Dom. 8gb ram
Corsair hx 750
-cleared CMOS
-hdd lights up a lot when the comp first starts for a min, then there is no more hdd light at all.

Remove this and replace with your old ram and see what happens.

I sold the other comp... So I don't have anything to replace it with

EDIT: got ahold of a speaker, no beeps... Gonna search the web for some stuff

Last edited:
I sold the other comp... So I don't have anything to replace it with

EDIT: got ahold of a speaker, no beeps... Gonna search the web for some stuff

Try this first please, remove the memory, plug in the speaker and see if the motherboard does't beep at you consistently.
It it doesn't maybe a motherboard or cpu problem.

Also how did you mount this motherboard, check inside the case and make the mobo is on the mounting pegs.
If its not thats probably why your computer keeps going in and out trying to power on.
Make sure not screw it in too tight, I have had problems in the past with me tightening it bit too much.
Sure enough it refuses to post not unless I unloose a litttle bit.

Removed the men, still no beeps, and I loosend the screws and no luck. I did use some flathead screws that were the same size as the regular screws( I didn't have enough screws) but I doubt that's it

Last edited:
Removed the men, still no beeps, and I loosend the screws and no luck. I did use some flathead screws that were the same size as the regular screws( I didn't have enough screws) but I doubt that's it

Hmm I have heard many problems about this board half of the issues are non posting. "DOA"

Looks like you got yourself a wtf dead mobo :p
You can do 2 things you can contact the online store where you got this and ask for an exchange for a different board.

Or curl your toes backwords, pray to god, and contact gigabyte and hope they have a newer revision of this board or they give you something better.

GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Warranty Service - Motherboard
Consider this if you do get a replacement:

ASRock 990FX Extreme3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com

Wow, I am pretty ****ed, I really hope it isn't a DOA but I don't know what else it is.... I tired to get a quality board, it only had a few people with DOA on newegg so I thought it would be rare.
I never touched any caps, had no ESD, and only really touched it by the corners.
I have one more thing to try, I might not have cleared th CMOS right, I put a screw driver to the shorting pins of the CMOS short thing(complete the circuit) but maybe I also needed to take out the battery too.

Wow, I am pretty ****ed, I really hope it isn't a DOA but I don't know what else it is.... I tired to get a quality board, it only had a few people with DOA on newegg so I thought it would be rare.

I know your ****ed off, I know your sadden because you don't have a new computer.
You do what you can and test it before sunday evening.
if its not working RMA the Motherboard under newegg.com if its under 30 day return policy.
If not follow what I mention with gigabyte and have them rma it.
Who knows you may get lucky and get a better motherboard if you request it.
Just state to them the problem is inconsistent with other peoples complaint directly from newegg.com.

Let me know what happens later on.

I just remembered that I heard a cracking plastic sound when I was putting on the cooler, I figured it was just the other clip sliding into place, that's prob it, no visual damage. I will give asking Gigabyte for an RMA and maybe a better board, it's worth a shot.

Just as a heads up this board is pretty hit and miss. THis is the exact board my friend with the 8320 I mentioned in the previous post has. If you get a good one that works right it's pretty alright for what it is, but if you wind up with a weird board you'll be chasing problems. I think one thing I would have raised an eyebrow over when purchasing is the fact that there are no bios updates for it.

Back
Top Bottom