No POST, CPU fan just spins

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrymnvette

In Runtime
I have a 2KPro machine that the fan just spins when you turn it on. No audible POST, but I don't know if the sound is turned off. The HD spins up also. Nothing comes on the screen they keyboard lights up wehn you turn it on though, so it goes through that test.

It's got a new power supply b/c that's what he thought was wrong with it. I don't have a spare one here to see if that's the problem. Everything is hooked up right except the new power supply has the little 4-wire square connector and the mother board doesn't have a spot for it. They are both ATX.

Any suggestions? I've already unplugged everything and plugged them All in 1 by 1 to see if that helped.

Thanks

Do the Bare Bone test.
Unattach everything but CPU, Video card and one Stick of RAM.
Then see if it posts. Clear CMOS Before turning on.

If it does not then a few Things are possible. Dead CPU, Dead Motherboard, Motherboard grounding out, insufficent Power supply.

Try the Other Stick of RAM as well (If there is one).
To elminate the Video card and RAM possibilities they should be swaped for known good components.
Obviosuly if nothing suggested works then you have three Options. You can do nothing, You can RMA the parts one by one or you can Buy/aquire known good components and swap them out.

Report Back

Edit: And yes I noticed you said you plugged one thing in at a time. But do it again. The way I explained it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom