No Picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snitched

Baseband Member
For some reason, I plug everything into my new Build. Plug in Power Cable and VGA cable. And When I turn PC on, Everything runs smoothly, But I get no picture.

It can't be the monitor because it's the came one I am on now. I changed the VGA cord to see if that changed anything, But still got nothing.

The Monitor recognizes the computer is connected, but doesn't show anything. Can anyone help me out?

GPU -- Radeon HD 4870
CPU -- AMD Phenom II Black Edition 3.0 GHz/Quad-Core
Mobo -- Biostar TA790GXB A2+
RAM -- OCZ Blade (2x2GB)

Any other information needed let me know.

Thanks,
- Dylan

Did you plug the vga cable into the motherboard or did you use an adapter to connect it to one of the HD 4870's DVI ports?

Did you double check the seating on your RAM? When you place them, make sure you press hard enough to hear them *click* in. You can also try switching their positions with one another, that has happened to me.

Are you getting any sort of post beeps when the computer turns on?

Edit: by seconds

Yes the computer beeps when it turns on. And I plugged it straight into the Motherboard. Should I try it with the DVI Adapter they gave me? And plug into GPU?

EDIT: I have 4 RAM Slots the first 2 are green, the second 2 are orange. What ones do I put them in? The 2 green ones are located farthest from the CPU and CPU Fan. The orange ones are closest.

Yes the computer beeps when it turns on. And I plugged it straight into the Motherboard. Should I try it with the DVI Adapter they gave me? And plug into GPU?

Yes, you need to plug it into the gpu.

EDIT: I have 4 RAM Slots the first 2 are green, the second 2 are orange. What ones do I put them in? The 2 green ones are located farthest from the CPU and CPU Fan. The orange ones are closest.

The ram should but put in two slots that are the same color, it doesn't matter which ones.

Edit: Kmote beat me to it.

Ok, It worked, But my Ram is still in a Green and Orange slot. Slots 1 and 3. Is that bad?

Ok, Thanks everyone for the help. I'd also like to thank Trotter for this great build...!

Thanks Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom