No OS will install properly on my new internal hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambab

Baseband Member
Ive tried installing windows 7 and windows xp and they have both failed.

Windows 7 one just hangs on starting windows after the reboot of the setup and just stays there so i cant finish the setup then the system auto restarts and usually gives me some sorta blue screen error then after that the chkdsk starts.

This is my second new hard drive, i ordered one that was faulty and this is a replacement drive, ive ran the samsung diagnostic tests to see if there is any faults in it and it passes them all.

the hard drive ive got is: Samsung HD103SJ

Its really annoying, i know the hard drive is fine its just, i dno, i really need to fix this ASAP been working on itfor like a week now and tbh, im getting quite fed up.

Just tried that and im still having problems. :( so annoying, is there a way to mirror a hard drive without using the DVD drive?

because if there is i could mirror the hard drive to the new one?

if yes? what software could i use? is there any free ones?

If you have access to another computer with a DVD drive and either Vista or Windows 7 you could follow Bugsy's guide on how to make a bootable USB flash drive if your computer supports booting from a flash drive.

If you only have a computer with XP on it you could use WinToFlash to make a bootable USB flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom