No Operating System Found error

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplechords

Baseband Member
I have several costumers that occasionally get a "No Operating System Found" message on start up. Simply restarting the computer makes the issue go away. The are all running a raid, raid 0, 5, or 1. The machines all use an intel dp35dp board. Any ideas what the issue is.

i thought the same thing, but i had the person reinstall/reformat, and they are still getting the issue

Then the only other thing I could see it being is either a dead/dieing cable or a dead/dieing hard drive.

Have the installed the OS on a different hard drive when reformatting/reinstalling?

The RAID is failing. If a reinstall doesnt help then there is a dead hard drive within the RAID setup which is causing the failure. Tell them to not use RAID and to test each hard drive seperately.

All drives are showing functioning and healthy in the raid manager. One person did mention that the computer was random restarting while using the computer and then giving the error

Then check for HEat issues with the CPU, GPU. The only thing it could be at that point would be that the restart is causing the system to lose the boot. Which is very unlikely. I have seen that happen once in all my years. I have not seen a system constantly lose teh boot information everytime there is a shut down.

RAID Managaer may say it is fine but there could still be a bad sector on the hard drive. The sector where the boot information is being stored.

replace the hard disk bable and hard disk jumper selve and instal the o s.
enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom