No Image On Screen?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

esheg4ever23

Beta member
Hi, I'm having a problem with my computer. What happened was, I moved my computer to the other side of my room, so I disconnected all the wires. Then, when I reconnected the wires, I found that the 15th pin on the end of the VGA cable that plugs into the video card, is bent, so I bend it back straight. I plug it in, along with all the other wires, turn on my computer and get no image. So I try a different monitor, that doesn't work either. I moved the video card to another PCI slot, still doesn't work. I tried another video card in both those two PCI slots, still no image. I made sure everything in my comptuer was still plugged in, main power cord, hard drive cord, everything. This is driving me crazy. Can anyone please help?!? Thanks.

And if that dosn't work try to go into BIOS and see if your video is set to PCIe or VGA whichever you have.I doubt if it just changed on you but it can't hurt checking...

Have you got another VGA cable? Try it or buy a new one.

My VGA cable goes directly into my monitor, I can't replace it.

And if that dosn't work try to go into BIOS and see if your video is set to PCIe or VGA whichever you have.I doubt if it just changed on you but it can't hurt checking...

I can't get into BIOS, I get no image on the screen whatsoever. I noticed when my monitor is plugged in, it detects that it's plugged in, because when I unplug the VGA cable it says no signal, but I still get no image. This happened with 3 monitors I've tried so far, and none seem to work.

see if you covered this basics....
your system might have onboard video as well as the addon...
you may be simply connecting to the wrong one without realizing it...check to make sure there is only 1 vga port on the tower...

Well thanks everyone for the replies, but I got it to work. Apparently somehow my RAM slots had dust in them, so I took them out and blew in them and turned my computer on, and it worked. I don't know how this happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom