No hard disk is detected! and SixEngine problem with Asus P5Q3 Deluxe mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I have a few minor problems right now with my custom built desktop which I am hoping to resolve asap. Hopefully you can assist me. So here are my issues:

-1: As soon as i click enter os on the asus gateway, a few seconds after I get a black screen saying No hard disk is deteced! and then it disappears and windows starts up as normal and I can do whatever i want as if there is no problem whatsoever.

-2: My SixEngine software doesn't want to work. It used to in the past, but after some formats and reinstalls due to viruses etc, I can't get it to work anymore. I have set up personal BIOS settings to work with my ram and when I try and open sixengine i get this error: Six Engine cannot run under overclocking mode. Please turn off overclock mode with BIOS or AI Booster.

I know you're probably going to say that the reason SixEngine gives that error is because I have some personal settings in the BIOS, however, before some formats, SixEngine worked WITH the same BIOS settings as I have right now.

Just incase you are wondering, here is my PC Setup:

Windows XP Pro
Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.16Ghz 64bit 6MB Cache 1333Mhz FSB 45nm CPU
Zotac 9800GTX+ GDDR3 512MB 256BIT GPU
Corsair 2x 2GB XMS3 DHX DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 NVIDIA RAM
Seagate 500GB 32MB SATA2 7200.11 NCQ Hard disk
Asus P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi-AP Intel P45/ICH10R DDR3 1600MHZ Motherboard

So, any suggestions for either or both of my problems? I would be very pleased if you can help me resolve these issues asap.

You problem for number 1 is your boot sequence is messed up. Insert the XP CD and go to the Recovery Console.

Use the commands fixboot and fixmbr.

That should resolve it from trying to boot from the wrong boot device. If that doesnt work check your boot configuration to make sure that the right hard drive with Windows is booting. Also check the windows disk management screen to see which drive is labeled as the system active drive.

Have you contact SixEngine on this matter? Have you tried to remove the software itself and reinstall it?

Hey Mak,

Thanks for the reply. Luckily, I managed to resolve both of my problems before your reply. Here's how I did it:

- I went into BIOS and I Disabled the Marvell IDE driver. This completely removed the black screen and the No hard disk is detected! warning :)

- Regarding the Asus 6-Engine, I also changed a BIOS Setting, the AI Overclock Tuner was on Manual and I brought it to AUTO, this solved my problem.

So thanks once again for your reply, and I wanted to share my solution in hope that it might help someone else with a similar problem :)

Thanks again Mak :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom