no graphics need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastsystems

In Runtime
i have a gateway GT5674 and after i formatted it the on board graphics card worked for a week or two then it went out and it does not work anymore. and i know its not the MoBo because i have an extra graphics card that i put in the computer and it works fine..... but i cant keep that graphics card in the because it a PCI card and my MoBo only has one PCI slot and i need that slot for my network card. does any one know what could be causing the on board graphics card not to work? i was thinking that it needed some drivers. so i'm going to try to get the graphics drivers for it and put it on it and see if that helps, but other wise does anyone know what else could be causing it?

Other than drivers and updates, if other cards work within the PCI slot I would say your onboard graphics card is shot.

I've had similar things happen with sound and video on motherboards, nothing changes and the next day they don't work. Updated drivers and software doesn't work, but when you try replacement cards they work just fine.

Sometimes they become defective just like any other piece of hardware. Just feel lucky that the entire MB didn't die. It may be time to upgrade the MB since you don't have any ethernet ports on the MB. You could either upgrade the MB or go WiFi by using a USB WiFi adapter (opposed to the PCI ones).

Other than drivers and updates, if other cards work within the PCI slot I would say your onboard graphics card is shot.

I've had similar things happen with sound and video on motherboards, nothing changes and the next day they don't work. Updated drivers and software doesn't work, but when you try replacement cards they work just fine.

Sometimes they become defective just like any other piece of hardware. Just feel lucky that the entire MB didn't die. It may be time to upgrade the MB since you don't have any ethernet ports on the MB. You could either upgrade the MB or go WiFi by using a USB WiFi adapter (opposed to the PCI ones).

well im just trying to figure out why the on board graphics went out already because i just got the computer not too long ago!

If you got it not long ago get it sent in for repair. The GFX chip could have died already. Hardware is not immune to failure. ;)

Quality of the board could have something to do with it too. If it is new, as mak said get is replaced or worked on.

The integrated GFX. They mount the GFX chip onto the motherboard for integreated setups. Which makes them almost impossible to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom