No Display to monitor on a newly built computer

hmm well when i plug in a dvi input it switches and says no dvi signal but ill go ahead n check right now

shoot it does have a switch but i switched it no hdmi and has a blue screen with no signal, wen plugged into the motherboard and video card

Ok, it's not posting for sure. I like to rule out all possibilities before considering a short b/c that's a pain.

Do you know how to reset the cmos on your board?
I do something unconventional when doing this on some boards it seems to have an effect.
first take out all your ram.
Put the reset jumper on the reset pin and turn the computer on. wait like 10 seconds and turn it off again (btw always make sure the power cable is unplugged whenever touching components and ground yourself by at the very least touching a metal part of the case).
Now replace the memory, put the pin back in the default position and now try to see if you post.

** by unplugging the power cable I mean the one on the back of the power supply btw*

Last edited:
ok going to do it now. give me a minute.

and thanks for your help~

ok well for some reason i dont see it... near the battery there is a spot for a cpu fan 1
but there is no cmos reset prongs

ok i hav a cmos reset button on the back and i pressed that with no ram and the power switch on

Last edited by a moderator:
ok that is one way to do it, there is a reset pin on the actual board on that board though, it's right next to coin battery (to the left) just so you know. Anyway turn it off and put your ram back in, power on and lets see.

use the jumper then just to be certain. Your manual actually says if all fails, you should remove the rtc battery (it looks like a coin in case you don't know) and then place the jumper on pins 2 and 3. I say to take it one step further and remove the ram before doing all this and turn it on shut it off... put the jumper back on pins 1 and 2 and put the battery back in.

ok im going to give it a try

well thats a negative no picture and i removed the battery and did it manually hit the reset switch too

Back
Top Bottom