No Display on Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelzez

Beta member
When turning on my computer, the monitor would light up, then turn itself off a moment later, after it loads the post it seems. I would have to wait a few moments before being able to turn the monitor on again. There are no beeps when I turn it on (no sounds when it DOES work, too). I would continue turning it on and off until it actually loads up normally, usually about 3-4 tries. I've resetted the cmos without any result. The monitor works fine on another computer, and it shouldn't be the video card and hard drives (the video card is relatively new and well, everything's working as they should be this very moment). I also tried another newer battery for the mobo, and turning it on with only the hard drive, stick of ram, chipset, video card, and monitor plugged in still wouldn't boot up successfully the first try. I'm guessing it's time to replace the mobo, but has anyone run into this problem? Some specs of my comp are:

Intel P4 2.66 ghz
Intel D865GBF Mobo
EVGA 6800
Some generic PSU but fairly new - don't think it's associated with my problem though

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom