No display cpu fan on high - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 05-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Angry No display cpu fan on high

So I swapped my old inspiron 530 board and put it in an old antec case the mother board is a G33MO5 after installing it my cpu fan runs on high and no display after being turned on when I remove my ram and start the computer it beeps. I have unhooked everything and put each piece of hardware back in it 1 at a time I have also cleared Cmos and took out the battery to reset I have as well held the button for 30 seconds while the power was unplugged to drain the rig of any power but still it does the same thing. And I tried the onboard vga and then a gfx card nothing so this is my final stop before I junk it any ideas?

bichilestabyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: No display cpu fan on high

I placed the same Mobo into a Antec case a year or so ago. first question is, did you make sure your mobo is grounded at all the proper points. When you install a dell mobo into a non dell case you need to make custom mounts. I think I installed like 3 extra mounts. The screw spots on the board are grounding points.
Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!

Intel i5 3570k 3.5 quad | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 mobo
Cosair XMS3 2x4GB 1333MHz DDR3 | EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GB DDR5
Corsair 700w PSU | Western Digital Blue Cavier 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA II | Windows 7 Home Premium x64
bentobaku is offline   Reply With Quote