No display with both GFX cards in either slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Alright so I recently had to buy a new PSU for my 7900GS pci express card I bought, since it needed the 6 pin power connector.

Then 2 weeks later my computer will not turn on, so I thought maybe it was the PSU (witch lasted 2 weeks andI had a PSU issue in the past, 450 Watts). I buy a new PSU and everything turns on and I can hear a system beep and the computer posting and logging into windows, but the monitor gets no signal.
So I thought jeeze, it's my 7900GS that blew. I tried it in both slots (SLI) and I also tried my 9600GT in both slots with no success. I also tried a different monitor..

So what is cuasing the problem here, i'm pretty confused right now.

Did you plug in the extra cable (small, square, 4pin) from the power supply to the mobo?

Have you tried either video card in another system, to be sure they work?

Did you check all the connections to be sure they were solid?

Yeah, I checked over those things pretty thourouly.
Tokk everything out cleaned the slots then re-connected everything.
There is power coming from the slots though.

Same happened to me also. Sounds like to me the mobo doesnt like the video card very much. Ive heard many stories about certain motherboards that dont POST with a few different video cards. Not sure though. Might want to call your motherboard company.

how are you sure its going into windows? if your not sure, then, well, it beeped, so its working, but no display. youve tried both cards, so ok. have you tried a different monitor? if youve done that, and still nothing, do a bare boot(vid, proc, 1 stick ram, no hdd, no dvd/cd, etc. and see if it will post on screen. if no, then try the other stick of ram. if still no, try a diff mobo.

I did the bare boot and still no signal to the monitor with either ram stick..
And I was wrong I thought I heard the comp log in before.
The comp does not beep and I can't hear the processor working.. So did the proc short out and take my power supply with it?

Have you tried either of the video cards in another computer? When a power supply goes bad, it can take out video cards / video card slots/ mobos with it.

Yeah, the graphics cards both work in other computers.. Everything attached to the MB has power.. So i'm guessing it's the CPU?
Cuase when I start up my comp I cant hear the CPU working at all, or is is the CPU slot?
I can't really test the CPU cause my friends don't feel like removing thier heatsinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom