No display

Status
Not open for further replies.
The psu is working properly, I took the voltage values and they are all ok. The fan for the CPU runs, but I am not getting the hard drive spinning.

Video doesn't come on, which was the first symptom I saw and hence the original post title. I was wondering if the video controller (onboard one) was the culprit. Some parts of the mobo work because the PSU fan is working off it.

sounds like you need a new motherboard. Time to look up and see if you still have a warranty. If your warranty is expired. then you just have to buy a new computer.

Actually, this thread may be closed now... I fixed the problem. What had happened was the PSU died. But because another one I had wouldn't fit into the system case (it was an older ATX PSU) I switched over the mobo and components to the older computer after taking it's mobo out. Then I didn't have anything going until I figured out the switch was gone in the older computer. All is fine now.Thanks to everyone that replied. Oh by the way, I now have made this machine an all Linux one, with Ubuntu on it. Can't wait to learn more about Linux !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom