No CD audio through headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hey all, little annoyance. If I play a CD the audio plays fine through my speakers but I get nothing through my headphones. This only happens with direct CD audio. I see I can plug my headphones into the CD drive directly, but I also have a couple old games I wanted to play that use CD audio, and sound card, Any ideas? I don't understand why it plays on my regular speakers and not my headphones,

Did you plug in the wire from the back of the drive to your mobo/sound card?
There is a spot on the back of your CD drive where one end goes and there should be a spot on your mobo (or sound card if you have one) where you plug it in.

Look at the last 3 pics on this page.
http://biorobots.cwru.edu/server/howto/buildcomp/mountdrive/
The connector on the CD drive is the one directly to the left of the jumpers in the pic. The one on your mobo/sound card looks the same as the black one in the middle of the 3rd to last pic.

Doh! No, I didn't use that cable. I'll have to dig it up, that must be it. It's been forever since I've needed to use one of those cables I completely forgot about it.

Why will it play the CD audio through my speakers but not the headphones? Regardless, the cable is probably the culprit, thanks Vybuni. I'll find my cable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom