No boot power turns on but no signal in monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekw808

Beta member
Hey the other day i came home with a 32' Sharp aquos hdtv and i had a vga cable for that, i turned off the computer nd plugged in the tv through my video card. Nothing happened and when i tried to connect back my monitor the monitor would just say no signal, while the power to the computer was fine, all the fans were working. Ive tested the monitor as well as the graphics card on OTHER computers and they all work fine just not together on MY computer. I went out to bestbuy nd i bought another graphics card and still nothing is showing up, i kno the new card gets power because the fan on it spins. I have no idea how to fix this i cant even get to the bios screen cuz nothing appears on the monitor except no signal. Ive tried unplugging everything and plugging it all back in, and still....nothing. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

i was thinkin i lifted up my computer and moved in to the other side of my monitor (from the left side of the monitor to the right with almost everything still plugged in so i had to lift it over the monitor), and maybe something loose on the motherboard came off?? but i see no damage to any of the parts. Monitor was working fine with the computer before i turned it off and moved it....

Have you tried to tap F8 when booting to see if you can go into the safe boot menu. OR
Do you know the way around the inside of the computer? If you do there may be a bios reset jumper. Try to find out which jumper pins are for this and unplug the power and move the jumper to the open pins for a minute then move it back where it was and try to restart. Also check to see if anything is loose inside but make sure before you put your hand inside the computer touch some metel and discharge any static from your body. If you dont find anything loose try to have your power supply tested.

hmm yea ive tried to press f8 and f2 also f11 to try to get some kinda of signal to my monitor but nothin shows up ive tried replacing the cmos battery? i think it is??? if i tried to reset bios settings you think it would reset vga settings nd fix the no signal problem?

yea ima try that on weds? my cousins commin to help ill be sure to say what was wrong

I don't know of any video cards where you can switch from a tv back to a moniter without restarting.
With my GTX I have to restart when going from and S Video cable (TV) Back to DVI ( LCD Moniter).

Have you cleared the CMOS?

Hook it up to a regular computer monitor again, ensure that that is working, then set the resolution as low as possible. Most likely the resolution is set too high for the tv to display it.

Also, dumb question, but is it on the right channel? I know for my computer to display to the dvi port on my tv i have to set it to AV7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom