No boot device on startup??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunyboy

Banned
hello people.

i am new hear .. and i will present a friends very troubling problem.

first of all, he is working with a custom built computer.. built by me.

--------------------

Pentium 4 processor 506+ 2.6 ghz,

ASUS P5LD2 motherboard,

Western Digital 160 Gig HDD,

2 gigs of ram..

Windows Xp pro sp2

Previous dilemma: Couldnt install windows because the motherboard required a bios update to support the new pentium chip.. update succeeded

-
------------------

i constructed this pc for someone to use.. and thought everything was workin smoothly, i even tested it before i shipped it to him.. booted it up numourous times and it all ran good..

now he claims that everytime he boots it up, he gets a *no boot device error* and i told him to check to make sure that the hard drive is the first boot device in the bois.. he said it is..

i told the guy i didnt know what to do, he took it to a place called *comp USA*, and they said its 129 bucks to even look at it... *:(*

please anyone got any suggestions?

$129?? They're crooks.

Do you have the HD set up to Master setting?

Also, can you boot from other things, such as CD-ROM?

my friend says he changed the boot device to his cd rom drive and it still did not boot with the windows disc in.. and the primary master is the western digital..

i know for a fact that windows was booting up before i sent him the pc. i don't know what went wrong.

did he try to overclock before it happen?
his windows cd is bootable? maybe not
latest bios version is 1103 , is that what he have or an older?
resetting the cmos might help

i believe thats the bios update i applied... and how shall he go about resetting the cmos? and he didnt overclock it. he doesnt know how.. heck, i don't even know how. but i feel accountable for this problem since i built it.

he didn't explain to me in detail, he only said the guy rearranged some IDES ..ehhh, guess it WAS my fault..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom