No Bios, No Beep, No Nothing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunoboy

Baseband Member
:( The heading of this post basically says it all. But for the full story today my nephew gave me a TV CARD, plugs into a pci slot. I switched off power, plugged it in and booted up. Win XP detected it. I closed the wizards and put in the install cd for the card. Wouldn't install the software properly so i shut down the comp, switched off power, removed the tv card, thought i would leave it for another time. Powered back up, got the ASUS boot logo then just blank screen on the monitor. Then the monitor goes into power save mode. Tried the restart button on the tower and now don't even get the bios screen, no post, no beeps at all ! I have power to the board, fans , green light, cdrom drives, can hear the hard drive power up. Used the jumper to reset the bios, removed the mem sticks 1 by 1, tried a different hard drive, tried the old single core cpu, tried disconnecting cdroms and floppy, removed graphics card, tried everything i can think of !!, but still get nothing. Nothing was touched in the bios. Only thing i did was insert then remove this damned tv card and tried to install the software. The TV CARD is a R-Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 TV LR16606 PCB REV.1 . None of the capacitors, diodes on the board look popped to me. Really looking forward to your help on this one. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.:( :confused:

basically have the same problem with my old comp, recently got setup on my new one, but i was talking to my uncle about it, he's seen it happen on quite a few computer recently, his dad's, his friend's, there were 2 or 3 at the circuit city near him with the same problem and he was talking with the tech there, he couldnt figure out what the **** was up, so far, they're saying it is a bad trojan that gets into your bios and can also fry things like video cards, sound card, memory, etc...first thing to do would just try and switch the video card out and see if a different one will work, you're lucky if that fixes it...otherwise, ill post here as soon as my uncle and i have figured out how to fix it.

Thanks Rogueseven, will try that now.

*edit*
Nah, Tried an old pci card, no good. Also pulled out all the mem sticks and still dont get any beeps so i reckon its pretty bad !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom