no bios, no beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

fostachild

Beta member
I've just started building a new system with the following components:

-DH57DD motherboard

-i3 550 processor

-G.Skill 4gb (2x2gb) 240 pin SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC#10666) Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBPK

-Corsair 550vx PSU

All parts are new.

So far these are the only components installed. With no memory I get the 3 Beeps with LED blinking in unison which signals this. After putting in the memory I observe the following symptoms:

-All fans power on

-Standby light on motherboard is on

-Cpu fan slows slightly and only for a VERY brief moment about every three seconds.

-No POST beep whatsoever, Power LED does come on

-When a monitor is hooked up, receives no signal.

-I've tried each stick one at a time shifted between all the slots and both sticks at once, same symptoms regardless of position.

So what do you guys think? I am far from a pro, but from the reading I've done I've got the following guesses:

-because the system loses predictability when the memory is installed, it's probably the memory (rocket science, I know).

-while everything on the intel compatibility charts say this processor and motherboard are compatible, I've read that others have had problems with this configuration because the BIOS on this board doesn't meet the minimum requirements for this processor until updated, would this cause a problem like the one I'm having?

Sounds kind of similar, but my machine never shuts down it the fans continue to run as long as I leave the power on, but do that fan lag thing every few seconds. Unfortunately I don't have an extra video card on hand. I since have removed the motherboard from the case to make sure there's no short and removed and reinstalled the battery to reset cmos. Still same problem though.

I dug around on Intel's site and looked at the beep codes/light flash codes for you board.
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18779/eng/DH57DD_TechProdSpec.pdf

Sounds like a memory problem to me. I had a similar issue with a PC I built a few years ago. Turns out the memory was incompatible because my motherboard was so incredibly picky. Intel boards can be like that...
Any way you can try a different stick of DDR3? If worse comes to worse just pick one up at BBY, install it, and return it once you've figured out the problem.
Have you tried just installing one stick at a time? In different slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom