No beeps, no video, but powers up

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
I'm working with a brand new PSU (Antec SmartPower 350w 24 pin) a brand new Ahtlon 64 x2 3800, and a brand new mobo (PC Chips A13G). I'm just trying to get a post and not having much luck. Right now I have 1 stick of ram in, the cpu and nothing else. No post. Have tried with no ram, still no post. Have tried all jumped settings, no post. Anyone have any ideas? This is my dad's system and I need to get it up and running asap. The only thing I did different with this is using an existing HD with an XP Pro install on it from a previous Mobo. I was assuming I could get to bios and do a clean install, but could have that messed anything up from the start?

Hi There
You could try to use the jumper to reset the bios. With the power cord unplugged of course. And i'm sure you tried a different stick of ram. It's so hard at this point to figure out which it is without replacement parts to test with.

I tried resetting the cmos by the jumper method as well as popping the battery out for a few minutes. Neither worked. Is there any way to definitely pinpoint it down to a bad mobo for sure? If I pull the cpu, ram and everything else and just go PSU > Mobo, plug in the SPKR to catch any beeps, and turn it on... if then there are still no beeps is it definitely the mobo? Is it possible that this happen with an underpowered PSU? I assume a 350 is fine for such a basic setup. Thanks

Spill a beer on it.... Then go out and buy a decked out new one... Works every time... ;)

Sounds like you might have a wire plugged in the wrong place (or missing) on the motherboard to me.... But like sPLAtOiD said, I think it could be about 99358935893858585 things... You are on about #5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom