"no audio device"

Status
Not open for further replies.

h8tank16503

Beta member
I turn on my PC and wait for it to get to the desktop, it plays the start windows sound and will continue to play sounds for approx. 45 seconds after boot. If i start a program that has sound (ie, powerDVD, spider solitaire, etc.) it will play sounds for that program after the 45 second delay. If i close said prog, so goes sound. However, it still plays sounds with winamp, and also plays the menu command sound (i have it set to the balloon help noise :freak: ). Any sound played via other means is usually fruitless. I have un-installed/ re-installed the drivers and hardware to no avail. The drivers are up to date. The 'sounds and audio devices' control panel applet reports "no audio device" and device manager reports no problems with hardware. Also checked startup items and found nothing unusual.

I've got a feeling its registry related but don't know where to look. :confused: Any suggestions would be helpful.

I dont remember the excact fix, but do a google search, will give you a quick n easy couple minute fix more than likely, i recently had the same problem.

ok. In the device manager, under media control devices, i deleted 'mciqtz32.dll', restarted and have had no problems so far (est. running time 6 mins.). I'll post again if the issue is not resolved.

I've seen a lot of these problems out there whilst trying to find a fix. If this works, post it everywhere you have seen this problem arise. I'm sure computer techs everywhere will appreciate it.

Thanks again!
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom