no 5.1 over hdmi only stereo radeon hd 4650

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyh

Beta member
i cant get 5.1 channel audio from my video card over hdmi. when i right click on volume icon in taskbar and go to playback devices right click on amd hdmi output and the click configure the only option is 2 channel stereo sound. i click test and the left then right speaker make a sound but no option for 5.1 to select in the audio channels box and only 2 speakers are showing. there should be a 5.1 option to select showing 5 speakers playing descrete testing sounds on each speaker. i have the hdmi cable going to my vizio and from the back of my vizio i have an optical cable going to my reciever. the tv tuner gets 5.1 perfectly fine. both tv and reciever are set on dolby pl. anyone know how to fix it or what i did wrong or what buttons to push to make it work. i tried reinstalling the amd drivers just to see if that was why which gave me the bsod by the way so i had to set my bios to use 256 mb of ram for the system then i could use the installer always does that bsod if i dont do that just incase anyone has that problem but anyway, i need 5.1 to show i have a sapphire radeon hd 4650 low profile.

I would try going straight to the receiver as a test to see you get full 5.1 there.

Also, not sure where the bug is but on my system, the only way I was able to get 5.1 sound was to select 7.1 in my audio control panel, then disable the two unused side speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom