Nividia Geforce 9400 GT Crashing problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signpainter110

Beta member
I'm not good with computers in general,so sorry to start off with if I suck at explaining,and also sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong section.

Any way...I've had my Asus comp. for about a year,same with my Nividia Geforce.

In the past couple of days,when I play any of my steam games for a while,my monitor goes black,while my pc is still is on,because I see the lights and hear the noises,I have to restart to see picture again. From my impressions is that the Graphic's card crashed,but like I said,I suck at computers. It started pretty much EXACTLY 2 days ago,minecraft would bring up the black screen every time after 5 min.,then eventually Left 4 dead,but team fortress 2 I was able to play as much as I wanted,until today where it did the same thing all those other games did,it made my monitor go black and my monitor said

"No video input"

and my pc was still on because of the indicator around the power button and I still heard the fan in it.

I can browse the web just fine,I haven't changed any settings at all on my comp,I rolled back the driver,did a system restore,checked to make sure everything was connected properly,messed with the graphics settings. Nothing works so far.

System specs:

Windows 7 home premium

64 bit operating system

Pentium Dual-Core Cpu E5300
2.60GHz

Ram:6.00GB

As far as things I can try to do to fix it,I'll try your suggestions the best.

Please give me your observation of what's wrong or what could be the cause.

Thanks in advance!

Err...thanks for your assistance,It's late over here though,so I'll check it out tomorrow,and post back here...Thanks again!

Yeah sounds to me like your graphics card is going bad. But I guess it could be a power supply issue too. (I'm sorta new to this stuff LOL)

I had a similar issue with my ATI Radeon 200 Xpress (way outa date) graphics card. The only difference is my screen would go white and sometimes have colored up and down lines on it, and I would lose my sound too.

My computer drivers were out of date and it was refusing to let me update them (said system requirements were not met "pssh bull"). I bought the video card your having problems with right now and I'm not having any problems yet with it... except my computer sometimes unexpectedly restarts itself (and that might not be related to graphics card :-/)

If you open up your computer case (not on a surface which may cause electicity, use table), look at where your power cord is plugged it and you should see a big box thing... that is your power supply... It should have a label on it that displays it's watts... make sure that they are 300W or greater like the graphics card requires. I would also suggest looking to see if your graphics card has any driver updates (installing these might solve the issue)... The cd that came with the video card if you have it will look for updates.

Not sure your power supply watts are going to be the issue though, because my computer is 5 or 6 years old and before I upgraded my power supply (mysellf, it's not actually that hard you can find instructions online for your specific computer), my original power supply was 300W. Therefore, I doubt that you have under 300W unless your computers very old.

Hope this helps :)... and GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom