Nividia 7900gs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamcornforth

Solid State Member
Hello,

Just recently bought a nividia 7900gs for my computer it was working fine for a week or two but now im getting wierd 'brown out' screens, the screen goes all fuzzy and brown im still able to control the computer from the background but im unable to see. I have no idea what this could be when i hit the mmonitor it seems to work again but its seriously getting worse by the hour even when writing this thread im getting problems.

my pc stats

Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz
Memory:
2044MB RAM
Hard Drive:
250 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6700 XL
Monitor:
AOC Spectrum 9Klr
Sound Card:
Realtek HD Audio output
Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
Power supply:
FSP group Inc.
AC input:230 - 240v
Max Output 400w

Thank you anyone

You hit the monitor yet blame it on the card? Sounds like the monitor. What happens when you put your old card back in?

Well when i put the old card back in it seems to be alright. I never had the problem on the old card hence why im thinking its the new card. What would cause the problem with my new graphics card. Ive got a 400w powersupply which it says is needed so im pretty confused?

Thanks

BTW- ive had the monitor for a good 4-5 years now

i would say try drivers first...but if you HIT your monitor and it works, ehhhh...i'd have to say the monitor was getting ready to kick the bucket.

do you have to hit the monitor to make it work on the old card?
And nag is right, try the newest drivers first...not from the cd.
and pls sstop abusing your monitor, or any hardware.

Lol ive updated all the drivers and yet it persists. If it continues my monitor will continue to be abused most certainly.

why dont you try that graphic card on another computer?
your not making a smart choice by abusing your monitor, cos then your gonna damage that wihch will then put you in a more of a aserious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom