Newly built computer that constantly reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeArt

Beta member
Hey guys, IÂ’m not that new at building computers but my newly built computer is giving me some problems. When I turn on my computer, thereÂ’s a single short beep and it just keeps on rebooting as soon as it gets to the initial diagnosing screen during start up then reboots and keeps on rebooting. I canÂ’t get anywhereÂ… no bios, no nothingÂ… just reboots constantly. I thought it could have been the memory giving me the problem but, no hope in that because IÂ’ve tried three kinds of ram. Another thing I thought of was some kind of overheating but I checked for that. If anyone can give me some suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank youÂ…

what kind of specs are we talking? what type of psu? Does your motherboard manual say anything about the beep code you are hearing?

yeh whats the post beep mean? It sounds like an overheating problem. I had one recently but mine just kept shutting down. Is it possible to quickly get into the BIOS?

My specs:

Dfi Lan party 875p-T motherboard (a replacement motherboard)
3.2 Pentium 4 (came as a bundle with the motherboard)
184 pin 512mb ultra ddr x 2 (new)
Maxtor 200mb HD (previously used prior to the new motherboard)
Plextor dvd drive (previously used from my other motherboard)
Ultra X-Connect 500 watt power supply

Yes, itÂ’s a 24 pin psu motherboard and I had the connection wire from my other board.

In no way, shape, or form can I get into the bios because it reboots right after the diagnostic screen finishes the cpu testing.

I have seached all over for the beep codes in the userÂ’s manual for the motherboard and thereÂ’s nothing what so ever about beep codes. I did do a search online for beep error codes but for the most part, the one single short beep means that the system is ok.

As for the cmos, do you mean change the jumper from the default positioning to the reset positioning? If so, I tried that and the computer wouldnÂ’t start.

Thank you guys for your concernÂ…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom