Newly built comp turns on them off and repeats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polkaman

Beta member
Hey guys, so I'm relatively new here. I've recently built my own computer for the first time, but encountered a huge problem nobody seems to be able to fix.

First of all, here are the parts my computer has:

-1TB Hard drive space
-8GB RAM
-AMD Radeon 6850 Graphics
-z68x-UD3H-B3 Motherboard
-Intel i5 2500k Quad core CPU
-Antec High Current Gamer 620 watt PSU

After putting everything together, I tried turning on the machine(note that this is with nothing external connected to it, monitor etc). It turned on for maybe 2-3 seconds, then turned off. A couple seconds later it turned on again, then after 2-3 seconds it turned off again. This would repeat forever, and can only be stopped if I hold the power button or turn off the PSU.

I've tried everything, and have disconnected everything from the motherboard so that only the PSU and the wires from the case are connected with the same issue. I've also tried running it on a piece of cardboard, nothing.

I talked to tech support at Micro Center, and they told me that it could be a problem with my power supply or CPU. So I exchanged them for new ones and the problem still persists. I have a 620 watt PSU, so it should have no problem handling the specs my computer has. I've also tried running it with only 1 stick of RAM.

So does anyone have a solution or something for me to test? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :sweat:

Two four pin plugs (=8) is what he's talking about... Are you sure you connected your power-SW correctly? If you incorrectly connect them to your mobo your PC may not power on correctly when you hit the power button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom