New WiFi Card - Slow Download - Upload OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShookyJr

Beta member
Hello,

I have just installed a Intel Centrino 6230 wireless adapter in my ASUS U36-SD notebook. I am using Windows 7 Home 64-bit. After the install Windows immediately picked up and installed drivers for the device. I am able to connect to my network and internet, but my speed is clearly reduced. After running speedtest.net I noticed that my download speed is ~1Mbps but my upload is still the expected ~6Mbps. Other WiFi computers on the network are still getting the expected 13Mbps DL/ 6Mbps UL. The ping is normal ~15ms on all devices.

Other minor problems have also arisen I believe as a direct result of the aforementioned problem. Windows is no longer able to connect to the Time server, so my clock is not correct. I also am not able to see other networked computers in the Explorer, but I can ping them as normal.

I have done a little research and it seems there may be some issue with default MTU size, cache limit, or any other setting ONLY affecting DOWNLOAD execution. I have tried using TCPOptimizer but it did not help. After testing my WiFi connection to my school network I receive the expected 80+ Mbps download speed. The issue only seems to occur on my home network with Netgear WNR834 router.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or detailed instructions to fix this problem. Thank you in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom