New video card, TV resolution looks terrible, but second monitor is fine, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
So I just replaced my 8800gt with a gtx470. I'm running dual monitors, the main is an hdtv that I run at 1360x768 and the second is a monitor at 1440x900. I cleared all the old drivers and got the new ones for my card. The problem is, the secondary monitor looks fine and perfect, but on my tv the color is weird and the resolution looks bad, text is hard to read. The resolution is set to what is supposed to be at. I tried my dvi-hdmi cable and the hdmi-hdmi cable that comes with the card, same issue. Any help?
*UPDATE* have been on the phone with EVGA for hours... When windows boots and the windows 7 thing moves around, the picture is perfect, but as SOON as it loads windows and I have to put my password in, the tv resets itself and makes it look BAD again.

I nerver Trust a TV for a screen. They are just not designed for the latest graphics. There more for "console gamers" in my opinion, your may be different ;)

I half agree with the above. I have seen PC games play on large screen TVs. It's phenomenal.

There is something in the monitor or in your control panel you have to configure. See if a lower resolution works OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom