New Sata Drive detection and Windows Bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuaz

In Runtime
I currently have two IDE harddrives in my machine. However the second smaller one is failing so i brought myself a nice shiny 500gb SATA drive. However, if i plug in all the cables into the Sata Drive and then plug the other end into the Motherboard and PSU. When i turn the machine on it won't boot up. I get past the BIOS (Which has detected the new addition) and then the point where it should display the windows loading, i just get a blank screen.

If i switch the computer off and boot up again, i get the message saying "Windows did not boot up correctly" and if i pick safe mode or normal boot up, i still get the blank screen..

If i upplug the hard drive, i get normal operating computer.

Any ideas?

Yup, boot into Safe Mode, and download and install the SATA/RAID drivers for your particular board. Then, restart, and you should be fine.

You could do the same by unplugging the new HDD, and booting up normally, if you're not getting internet access with Safe Mode.

Yeah did that,

I have a Asus M2V-TVM which i installed the fix which was on there webby site.

Ok, i have got a step further. I can boot up into Windows with the drive installed.

If i go into Device manager it sees it fine. However, in "my computer" it is not recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom