New rig...experiencing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Just bought my self a nice medium end pc as Xmas gift for myself. But it seems it have some issues so I seek your help guys and need of quick response.

1. I have bought a 160Gb SATA Harddisk...Why is it that it shows only 120GB capacity in My Computer?

2. After setting up my rig and installed OS and everything, I installed the first game in it which is Rome TW. So after the game loads and in the battle or campaign area, the pc suddenly freezes. I restarted the pc and changed the audio setting (I switched it to Creative EAX 2) and set it again to default which is Miles 2d Fast Positioning Audio. Then in the battle map, the game suddenly freezes again and my pc made a long beep sound, long that it only stopped after I pushed the RESET button.. Now Im wondering what could be the problem?

Well a bit unlucky for me after all this is all brand new T_T But if it needs only some tweaks, kindly help me please..

Current pc setup:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+2.4Ghz running at 39 degrees Celsius
MSI K8N Neo4 MS-7125 (v3.X) ATX Socket 939
Corsair Valueselect 2x512MB Single Sided (not Dual channel?)
Seagate 160GB SATA
Palit Geforce 6200TC 256MB on board TC disabled

All components are running in stock speeds. Im using Microsoft Windows XP Professional with all updates installed, AVG Anti Virus, Zonelabs Firewall..

Any more info needed and instructions, kindly post please..Thank you very much and hoping for quick response ^_^

Im not sure if thats the CPU...My CPU temp according to BIOS is 37-39C..VC temperature is 50C...Is all normal?

Another strange thing is, I do normal surfing and video playback, and it doesnt freezes..It only freezes in Rome TW..

could be your GPU overheating.. could run some tests:

3dmark06(graphics test):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4935

prime95(CPU test):
when installed choose stress test then go to options and torture test and choose small FFT's run for 3 hours min 10 hours max your choice.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4363

memtest(RAM test):
To run this put the folder in the c: then go to the command prompt and type the following:
c: press enter
cd C:\algermemtest press enter
memtest /time 240 press enter
it should run then and last 4 hours 240 mins change it if you want to run for longer or shorter.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3257

Whats the maximum tolerable temperature for my GPU? I know AMD CPUs should not reach above 50C right?

Ok this is getting worse for me..

When I turned on my PC, it took me almost 3-4 minutes to get into Windows Desktop.. It takes time on the part where Windows XP loads...Now what could be the problem?

And the problem regarding Rome TW freezing is still ocurring...What could be the problem guys?

Need quick help guys please I want to enjoy playing this Christmas T_T Are there other alternatives aside from running those tests which will consume time?

UPDATE!!!:

I have installed Call Of Duty to my computer to try if this will be different.. But it seems it got worse..If anyone of you familiar with COD, in the menu screen, the background is only color gray (which is suppose to be has a picture of table and a gun right?)but the menu characters is still visible.

So maybe this is a graphics card issue? What could be the problem?

Help guys please..

UPDATE:

I have installed Max Payne which I believe is not demanding in graphics.. As the game loads, the game exits into the desktop...

Seeing those instances, I believe that this is a graphics card problem..I have runned Prime95 for 1hour and didnt seen any problem, memtest and no problems..I havent downloaded 3dmark06 because of its size but seeing what happened above, I believe this is a graphics card problem..

So can anyone help me resolve this?

Graphics card is Palit Geforce 6200Turbo cache 256mb onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom