New Ram - Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
I am going to upgrade my ram because apparently times changed and 2GB isn't enough anymore. My A8N32 works GREAT, and I have no issues with it as of yet. Just don't buy a MSI product (7900 GTX DEAD 1 YEAR).

Should I buy the same ram I already have: Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

PC is over 2 years old I think, runs great, plays far cry 2 on high (2xAA) @ 35 FPS. All other games are maxed (BF2, COD4, etc) @ 50fps or so. I'm a programmer and my ram is lacking for the large intensive programs I'm always using so they run a bit slower.

I don't feel it would be smart to get rid of my current ram and get all new, faster, ram because my system really isn't worth it personally and it runs fine. Under 1 minute boot time on Vista x64.

Also, I want to upgrade my $500 CPU (now worth $50?) 4400+ X2 to a FX-55 (60 and 62 are too expensive).

What kind of performance am I looking at? Would my system run Crysis to be playable? Could I run Far Cry 2 maxed out? Is it *worth* it? :p

I think it's 2.6GHz compared to my 2.21GHz.

get same ram if you can, as your mobo only supports DDR and up to 4GB total.

as to CPU, I don't think you can get any socket 939 chips at anywhere except eBay and the sort... and quite expensive

I'll do that tomorrow being hung over and thinking at the same time isn't never good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom