New Ram, Computer won't start - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Unhappy New Ram, Computer won't start

Hey everyone I probably should have posted in this section. Please look at this link and let me know if you have any ideas on what could be wrong.

Could it be my power supply? My hard-drive? It doesn't seem like it should be either of those because my computer was fine just like 4 or 5 days ago with the old ram and I haven't moved the computer from the table since then.

I did hear a bit of a noise that I hadn't heard before when I had it open with my old ram but it still worked. I assumed it was nothing, maybe just from the computer laying on its side, I couldn't tell if it was comming from the hard drive or what. I dont hear that noise now when I start the computer.

Also there was a bunch of dust and **** in my computer when I opened it up so I blew a bunch of computer compressed air in there to get it all out. I wouldn't think this would effect anything but I thought I would post it anyway. Please any suggestions would be a huge help.
Closed Thread