New ram

jancuga

Beta member
So I bought 4gigs more of hyperx furry ddr3. And on my computer, I had only 4gigs of some random memory. And now when I inserted my new ram the screen won't show up. When I remove my old memory and put new it shows up. Why can't I have both memories in both slots?

(my motherboard only has 2 memory slots)

My motherboard is Asus P8H61-M LE

could it be because of different frequency of ram?

Last edited:
Different frequency, timings, and probably voltage too. Gotta double check to make sure the voltages are close (older DDR3 uses more volts than newer DDR3) although both should be able to run 1.65, but YMMV on that.

If you had 1600 or 1333 in there previously and you bought say 1866 you'll need it to be set to the frequency of the older RAM as well as match the looser timings.

Different frequency, timings, and probably voltage too. Gotta double check to make sure the voltages are close (older DDR3 uses more volts than newer DDR3) although both should be able to run 1.65, but YMMV on that.

If you had 1600 or 1333 in there previously and you bought say 1866 you'll need it to be set to the frequency of the older RAM as well as match the looser timings.

Well, now I saw that my motherboard can only use ram that has 1333mhz and I bought that new ram that has 1866. I ****ed up...

How can I put the same frequency on the new ram?

Make sure the voltage, timings and the frequency for both RAM sticks are the same. Even so, beware a slower speed on one than the other will result in the slower speed for both.

Well now i know what wierd clicking sound was when i was putting ram in the slot. One slot is dead guys from begining. Well now i have useless ram at my home. Atleast you guys tried to help. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom