New RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomsBadLuck11

Solid State Member
Hey all,

I just recently purchased two 1GB Super Talent RAM sticks in attempt to take advantage of dual channel memory. However, my computer only boots up properly when there is just one stick installed in the first memory slot. I put the second stick in the third slot so that I have a stick in the first slot of each color. I know I am putting them in the correct slots, the slot colors are grouped together with two purple slots followed by two orange slots. If I'm not mistaken, I am correct by putting the sticks in the first and third slots.

So when both sticks are in, the computer seems to boot up as it normally does but then goes to a black screen with this error message:

"Nvidea RAID IDE RAM BIOS 4.42 Copyright (c) 2003 Nvidea Corp

Detecting Array...
No disk reserved for RAD use, RAID disabled"

What in the world does this mean? If you need any more info just ask.
Thanks for your help

how many hard drives are you using? and are they connected to a Raid controller?

If your using just one then disable the Raid configuration in the BIOS and the message should go away

well thats the thing, Im kind of a newb at most this stuff and idk what RAID is or how to find out how many im using. How can I find out how many hard drives im using or if its connected to a RAID controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom