New psu trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhenkel17

Beta member
I just put a new PSU into my computer and when I hit the switch in the back the fans all come on along with the lights. When I do the ol' reach around to the front and hit that power switch, nothing happens. When I try and open the cd-rom drive, nothing happens. The screen stays black. So basically all I have is a big box full of fans at the moment. Please help!

Thanks.

Is the power switch, and all other cables on right? Did you connect the 24-pin, 4/8-pin and graphic card cable in?

Welcome to TF

Yes, I believe so.

*edit*
but that's the least of my worries now that I JUST totally raped one of my hard drive plugs while trying to figure out what was going on down there.

*edit2*
Also, I just noticed that my 24 pin plug is missing one of the metal connectors on the inside, could that be the problem?

but that's the least of my worries now that I JUST totally raped one of my hard drive plugs while trying to figure out what was going on down there.

Also, I just noticed that my 24 pin plug is missing one of the metal connectors on the inside, could that be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom