new processor - not booting HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingledow

Banned
Hi

I have just got an intel x6800 cpu. I put on the thermal paste stuff and put it in with the heatsink. I plugged in the power cable, flicked the switch, and the green mobo light turned on. I powered it up and there's just a black screen (no monitor input). I doesn't do anything apart from the hard drive light is on all the time, and the DVD and DVD RW drive hum, then don't hum, then hum again at regular intervals every few seconds. I disconnected the DVD drives and nothing changed. I had a pentium 4 processor in before, and I know my motherboard is definitely compatible. The mobo is an ASUS P5N32 Sli SE Deluxe.

Everything worked ok before!

Sounds like a video card problem actually....becuase your mobo does support that cpu...so iono, try messing with your video card connections.

I don't think it is the graphics card because I turned on the computer and it is not connected to the network. I know this because when my computer turns on and is plugged in with an ethernet cable to my router, a light on the router appears telling me that my computer is connected. So it would have done that if it were my graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom