New Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well i tried anti-vir and that didnt even recognize the file...and i can't delete it with the trendmicro scan...i'm not sure if this is the problem but it might be...i dont know

did you turn on heuristics in Antivir?
and what detection level is it on?

personally I haven't encountered a virus Antivir has missed, although no antivirus program is perfect.
you might be one of the first people with that particular virus

you might want to try AVG (also free), or if you can, try manually deleting it by going into safe mode, looking in the \Windows and \windows\system32 folders, arranging by date, and finding any .exe's or suspicious files without an author. at the end

yes, heuristics is on... i could be one of the first with this virus because i googled it and found nothing... im running antivir again right now. if it doesn't recognize the file, i'll try AVG. If that doesn't work, I'll try manually deleting it, but I'm kind of skeptical doing this...

...still nothing...I'm not even sure if it's the virus really, because the choppiness when i play games didnt start till after i upgraded..any suggestions?

i took out, rearranged, and tried my memory one stick at a time and games are still choppy, so it's not that...it might be a driver or something, but I'm not sure which one. I've updated my video card, i ran 53.04 for my nvidia GeForce MX 440 before i upgraded and tried out different versions but i just reinstalled 53.04 again because that was the one that worked best.

well, I would try to get rid of that virus anyway because those are one of the worst type viruses out there. And who knows, the virus might have kicked in when the new upgrades were put in there. Afterall, that type of virus kicks in when the author tells it too, so the virus can kick in when you least expect it and cause this type of problem.

i would delete the virus but thats the problem, i can't. it's only recognized by trendmicro online virus scan. I installed a 4in1 driver and that made my games work a little smoother but they still are acting up, if someone could show me how to manually delete the virus that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom