New Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1515panopticon

Baseband Member
The other day I had a friend from work upgrade my pc. It's an older computer but works fine, well, until now.
He added a 256 stick of memory (which is now 384), and a 1 Gh Pentium III processor. (I used to have a 733 gh Pentium III or something like that). It's running Windows 98 SE. I used to be able to play counter-strike and other games fairly smooth, wasn't the best but it worked. now after he added this stuff, the games are really choppy. I've already tried changing the resolution, changing the graphic performance down (which i shouldn't have to b/c it worked fine before on Full), downloading different drivers from the nvidia driver archives for my graphic card (its a GeForce 4 MX 440), defragmenting my disk, running scan disk...... Please help!

Some mobos need to have memory installed in equal pairs, I don't know if that would be a problem in your situation, but I know my dual p3 computer has to have memory in pairs.

ok, i ran a virus scan, found a trogen, deleted it and it works fine now...the only problem is the trogen keeps coming back, im about to google and see if i can find how to permanetly get rid of this..

what's it called?
and what antivirus program are you using?

I'd recommend Antivir
which is free, really fast, and will detect viruses as soon as your computer gets them, so they won't do any damage.
it doesn't take much resources either, even on a slow system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom