New problem: computer isnt recognizing cameras.. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default New problem: computer isnt recognizing cameras..

Okay I posted yesterday about a problem i was having where my computer refused to recognize that cameras were plugged in through firewire. Well as it turns out, it refuses to acknowledge these cameras on USB as well. Which got me to thinking.. I was for a time running a less than legal copy of Sony's video editing software, and I believe it may have somehow figured out it was illegal and messed with my registry. All of the cameras that my computer refuses to recognize are Sony products. I have a digital camera that isnt a sony and the computer will recognize it. It just won't recognize any of the sony cameras. Is this possible? If so, how would i fix the problem?

Old 12-07-2005, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

what OS?

With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke.........It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

XP Pro site licensed copy w/ all the updates and i guess sp2?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

It doesnt show up as a drive in my computer?
With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke.........It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

nope =| normally windows will make its little recognition noise, but right now, nothing. However, I just plugged in a JVC camera, and it still got nothing. So maybe this is beyond the scope of Sony stuff, who knows. In other news, I plugged in a different Sony camera through USB and it recognized it as an Audio device (??) Still no video comin through. lemme know if you figure anything out.

thanks for the help!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

weird, maybe delete all usb drivers and reboot.Let them reinstall themselves.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well the weird thing is USB recognizes my PSP and my tiny digital camera =(
Old 12-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

is the camera on the setting where u take the picture?, if it is switch it to the setting where u view pictures.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

nah these're video cameras and they should be registering when they're taking video or viewing it
Old 12-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Newb Techie

anybody? =(

Closed Thread