New problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will need to do a repair install. There is something wrong with your current install.

Ok i got passed those boot issues. There is something fishy about my ram and was wondering if you could clear it up.

Ok so i currently have 1gb ddr2 pc4200 ram in my computer 2x512

I want to upgrade to 2gb 2x1

I got my first set of ram plugged it in, it ran fine for a couple hours then my comp would just restart as soon as it hit the windows xp loading page.

And a short while ago i exchanged it for a different set, and i couldnt even get the computer to boot on with that set.

Any ideas?

I know that each of the ram that i have used/am using is the same specs.

EDIT: Ya you are right, i do need to repair because im having the same restarting problems with my old ram. but the ram question still needs an answer please.

EDIT2: Ran the repair to no avail. Now im just gonna format and see what happens.

Are you sure that the mobo can handle the RAM? It doesnt do you any good swapping RAM around if you dont know if the mother board is even capable of running it. ;)

Ya i know the motherboard is capable of that. But i had a temp problem so i stripped down the computer took off the fan and heatsink and re applied the thermal compound. Put everything back together just as i took it apart. Now it just starts up with no screen, and when i try to shut it off via holding the power button, it doesnt turn off. And i know from previous experiences that that happens when the mobo is fried or bad. Any suggestions? Is it the mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom