New Power Supply and PC won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said you added another Video Card right? I'm assuming to SLI?

Do you still have both video cards in while trying to test? If so Try removing one video card - leave inthe original card. Then try.

I doubt it's a PSU problem. You couldn't power up with the new one and the old one also. I doubt it's the CPU. (Make sure your ram is properly seated in their slots.)

Last resort would be removing everything except (CPU, H&S fan, remove all ram except 1 stick) connect just the 20+4 pin tot he mobo and the 4+4 to the CPU on mobo. Make sure the front panel case connector for the Power switch is properly connected and try it.

Yup, trying to achieve sli. Upon removing the power cables to the second GPU the motherboard starts beeping. I have tried booting with only one GPU in and still no signs of any activity. I have yet to try just the bare cpu/heatsink and 1 stick of ram idea and will see what happens as soon as i get it done. thanks

Yup, trying to achieve sli. Upon removing the power cables to the second GPU the motherboard starts beeping. I have tried booting with only one GPU in and still no signs of any activity. I have yet to try just the bare cpu/heatsink and 1 stick of ram idea and will see what happens as soon as i get it done. thanks

You can't just remove the power cable to the second card. You have to remove the card itself completely.
The beeping is a post code letting you know that you have a device that requires power that isn't getting it.

what model power supply? i know my Zalman says to not plug in the +4 pin connector with a molex connector to the mobo at the same time (one for the mobo along with the 20pin) cause i tried it the first time i got it (with my Nfoce 570 sli board) and pluged in the 4pin connector and it would turn on for a second and then turn off. might want to check that.

PSU is a Topower Powerbird 900 watt. With +4 connector are you referring to the one that goes to the CPU fan / Zalaman?

Edit:

Tried booting with no graphics cards and nothing but motherboard,ram, cpu and cpu heatsink -----> shorted the electricity in the whole house when i turned the power supply on (from "0" to "1") without even having a chance to turn the actual computer on :S

Crazy questions:

Are you using a power strip or UPS? Connected to the PSU? Are you plugging the PSU directly in to the wall outlet?

Have you tried plugging the PSU into another wall outlet? Try plugging it into another wall outlet on a different circuit than the one you are using.

PSU is connected to a power strip, ill give it a shot on another circuit and see how it goes, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom