new pc won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

unredacted

Beta member
Hi, I recently got my new pc from ecollegepc and it's not working. I've returned it to them once already and they insist it is working fine on their end. I just thought I'd try asking here before I return it for refund. When I plug it in it usually makes much less noise then it seems it should, like it's stuck in sleep mode or something. The real problem though is that my monitors won't recognize it. I've tried 2 different ones that both work with my old pc and both give no input messages. I've tried different outlets, inputs, and everything I could think of. Like I said I'm ready to return it but just want to make sure it couldn't be something I'm doing wrong.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz 6MB Cache FSB 4000MHz
HT
ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm Blue LED CPU Cooler
Fan/Heatsink
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe (AMD 790FX, 4xPCI-E, 8-Ch Audio,
LAN, 5xSATA2, 4xDDR3, 1394
4GB (2GBx2) OCZ PC3 12800 DDR3 1600Mhz Memory
1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache Serial ATA300 (Seagate
8X LG WH08LS20K Blu-ray Disc Burner SATA Model
Lightscribe
1GB ATI Radeon HD5870 GDDR5 PCI-E Dual-DVI
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
850watt Corsair CMPSU-850TX
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Ex
Antec 902

Try resetting BIOS. Open up the case, and take out the large watch battery for a few minutes, and put it back in. Try to power it up now.

Also, Is there any light on the motherboard, meaning the power supply is working?

I'm a bit wary about removing the battery as I'm not too tech-savvy. Also, they forgot to send back my software so if this removes/changes windows (sorry if that sounds stupid) I won't be able to do anything until I get them back. Also, looking at the battery I'm not sure how to get it out. If you can point me to a guide or something I'd appreciate it. As to the motherboard, I can see the power/ reset buttons lit up but that's it. The fans sound like the only thing working as when it boots I'm not hearing any of the sounds I'm familiar with when my old pc would start. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom