New pc, slow!!!

dtran002

Beta member
Hi guys,

Long story short, I just got a new pc, but the performance is not what I am expected. I have tried several different motherboards and SSD and the result were the same. I did a fresh installed with AHCI setting in the BIOS prior to the installation. Before the Asus mobo, my coworker and I had the same setup with GA 990fxa ud3...and his boot time and overall is much faster than mine.

My setup is Asus m5a990fx pro r2.0 with corsair GT 120g ssd, ddr 3 1600, Win7 64bits.

Any tips and ideas I should check? Thanks guys.

Have you installed drivers and reduced startup programs? Different boards have different post settings to go through so that could also be why boot up is slower. If it's within a minute I don't see the big deal.

I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I just wondering if I set it up incorrectly or something. I did searched and I follow pretty much what I found online and still the same performance.
I did a benchmark on the SSD using crystal disk mark, and not sure what the result is good or bad, any tips on these result as far as other ssd out there?

read MB/s Write MB/s
seq -430.8 143.2
512k- 373.7 147
4k -21.18 63.21
4k QD32- 119.5 142.4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom