new PC just reboots .. NEED Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie001

Beta member
hi all... i managed to get some new upgrades for my pc.

phenom 9550 (previously Athlon 3200)
Gigabyte Mother board - GA-MA770-D83
and
2* 2gb ram (800Mhz)

after changing the components i tried booting my pc with XP ... but it just reboots immediatly...
so i tried getting into Linux in other partition that 2 simply fails and reboots..
Some of my friends told me that proc has changed so tat could be a problem..
(grr.. shouldnt be for linux atleast)...

so next i decided to install suse linux again.. but when the initial "Loading linux kernel" ui reaches 70% the pc just reboots again.. **** this happening always..

some please help me trouble shooting this.

i really dont want me new config to just blow away..

You cant change the mother board and CPU of your PC and keep the hard drive and expect it to boot.

The hardware profile is not the one that Windows recognizes and will crash almost instanly. You will have to Repair Windows to get it workign again.

^ He said that Linux failed to boot as well and my knowledge with most distros of Linux is that the computer doesn't reboot, it simply loads what it can and stops there. You know if it's true? That's why I figured we'd get temps out of the way first.

IT depends with Linux. I know that when i tried to boot Linux from a hard drive that was in a older PC i got this issue as well. If he cant boot a LiveCD then i would be worried. But even Linux has a hardware profile that it stores. Linux is a bit more forgiving with the hardware aspect. But with radical changes it wont have the necessary files loaded and will not boot as well.

Yeah exactly that's why I figured it wouldn't do that. I've had hardware problems while running it and it still keeps on chugging away. No crashes and of course no beloved BSODs! Just puts that hardware aside and keeps going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom