New Pc built... Unable to connect to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltinesof9

Beta member
Hey im new here. heres my problem. i just put my new computer together with a fresh install of windows xp Professional. its equipped with Amd 64 X2 4200, 1g Ram, 250 wd sata hdd, nvidia geforce 7900 gt, asus a8n sli premium motherboard, and a LITE-ON dvd burner. Now i got to instal lwindows fine but it wont let me connect to the internet. i tried installing files for my router but as soon as it starts to read my connection it freezes and says "would you like to send error report thing" . now i tried using another cd-rom drive and it does the same thing. so i know its not my dvd rom drive. it seems whenever something tries to connect it just freezes. I heard that the onboard LAN on this motherboard is picky with things. Can anyone help me out here on what i can do? Any help is much appreciated. thanks

Go to control panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager. Verify your NIC card is located there, make sure it's working properly by double clicking on it and going to the general tab. If it's not listed there you might not have install the drivers, you might not enable it in BIOS, it might be faulty.

nvm i got it working. had to download motherboard drivers from another computer and install them on my new one. heh , actually i installed two partitions of windows xp accidentally hah. anyone know i can format both? cause its saying when i try to delete it that it cant, cause there are installed files that need to be used on it. any help is nice thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom