New PC Build - No Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisfatefulhour

Solid State Member
Ok guys, relative newbie here. I built a PC about six years ago but since then I was using macs and now I've come back for the power haha! Anyway, I put all the parts together and it powers up, lights come on, fans whir, cd drive can open and close, etc... but I get no display, I've tried both DVI and HDMI. Everything stays on for a few minutes and then shuts down though the reset and start button on the motherboard stay lit. Also, I don't hear any sounds from the onboard speaker when I start the computer.

Is there anything I can rule out? For instance motherboard shorting? All the screw holes I used to put the mobo in the case had the metal edges on them.
I don't have the cable to connect the ez pin connector for the extra RAM power, was going to just hook it up later once I get it, I don't think it needs it till I start overclocking. So I don't think that's the issue.
4pin, 8pin, 24pin connector all connected.

Here's the specs:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard
G-Skills Ripjaws 8 - 8GB sticks
Intel i7 3930k Six-Core Processor
Thermaltake 10 Case
Two 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives
Corsair Force3 240 GB Solid State Hard Drive
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Corsair 850W Power Supply
Nvida Geforce GTX 680
Corsair H100

Try running on essentials. Only run the system with one stick of RAM, disconnect all drives, and see if it boots up any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom