new pc build keeps restarting when not in a game

WilsonFPS

Beta member
my pc has been randomly rebooting itself, no BSOD, power off and then it starts up. Then I get the option to start in safe mode ect... sometimes but this only happens when im not playing a game when im playing a game i can play for hours and hours but as soon as i go to desktop after maybe 30 mins il get reboot and then it will reboot like 5 more times before getting back to desktop

The only way i can browse the internet is ti minimize a game to stop the rebooting
I have shut off the option to stop a force restart in the computer options and it still reboots

FX 6300 6 core
8GB RAM
GTX 750 TI 2GB
500W PSU
GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3

my pc has been randomly rebooting itself, no BSOD, power off and then it starts up. Then I get the option to start in safe mode ect... sometimes but this only happens when im not playing a game when im playing a game i can play for hours and hours but as soon as i go to desktop after maybe 30 mins il get reboot and then it will reboot like 5 more times before getting back to desktop

The only way i can browse the internet is ti minimize a game to stop the rebooting
I have shut off the option to stop a force restart in the computer options and it still reboots

FX 6300 6 core
8GB RAM
GTX 750 TI 2GB
500W PSU
GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3

Which version of windows do you have by chance ? do you know how to get into safe mode depending on the os ?
For windows 7 reboot the computer after bios splash screen or post goes off hit F8.
Once you do you'll be prpmpted at a nice menu, choose safe mode without networking.
Go to the os logs and hardware logs look for any errors with a red x and copy down what it says.

Did you or windows install any new new updates or updated drivers by chance ?

i get a critical error saying (kernal-power The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly)

i get a critical error saying (kernal-power The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.
What type of psu do you have by chance ?

Look on the sticker of it and bring the model number also need to know how long you've had it.
Just be on the safe side, reboot your machine and go into your bios.
check system temps and see what it says currently for your hexa-core.

Lastly what kind of ram do you have ?

Back
Top Bottom