New PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Alright, I just recieved my NVIDIA 7600 GT KO and Corsair 1gig Ram stick.

I have an aspire tower which has the powersupply at 500w, i've plugged in everything according to the manuals i've recieved thus far and running into some problems.

Please realize that i just put this thing together, nothing on the machine has an OS or any drivers, it boots up(the power comes on) but unfortunately my VGA to DVI adapter doesn't fit on my monitor, the adapters are to cumbersome.

also, i've found upon plugging in my graphics card it fit snug, but iam not to sure if its plugged in.

ontop of that when i turn on my case, the power comes on fine, i press the button to turn it off and it doesn't turn off. is there a plug i haven't put in correctly? please, i need help

you most likely didn't hook up the panel correctly. thats why its not shutting down.

Im guessing if your video is snug its plugged in..or else it wouldnt be snug :p

As for the adapter I dont know what to say..

alright, after some manuvering, i got it to turn on and as i related in another thread, there is a boot up to the bios, and after i exit bios, it brings me to a screen with some text and 1234f: , iam stumped

You want to go to your bios setup screen and set it to boot to you're DVD/CD drive. Then just put the xp cd in and it will boot from that instead of trying to boot from the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom