A new Mystery, DVDROM Blue screen

Runfox

In Runtime
Installed a new DVDrom drive, Lite-on , put Win7 disk in, read it fine, reformatted HD, installed WIN7 fine, downloaded and install other software no problem. Now I try to insert a DVD in the player, and install software and it locks up my computer, tried different software, locks up with blue screen, tried a different disk I know is good, locks up with blue screen.

I checked in setup to make sure first boot is HD, second boot is DVD. This is a new drive from Newegg that read the WIN7 disk fine but now want s to give me a freeze and blue screen when I try to install any software. I can read the disks fine, its just during installation that it freezes.

Never seen that before, cant figure if the DVD is defective, I cant see how or what?

What is the error code in all caps at the top of the screen, as well as the STOP code (with parameters) at the bottom? And is a driver (*.sys file) mentioned below the STOP code?

Please get us this info, and we can go from there.

Very strange , but it was a faulty Lite-on drive. I had another older Lite-on DVD drive , installed it, it worked fine and installed software as it should, I RMA ed the bad one back to NewEgg, it was still in warranty. Still don't understand how it installed win7 with out a problem, but then would not install other software later.

Back
Top Bottom