New Motherboard = Slower Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Dig

Beta member
Hello there, my motherboard recently cracked and needed replacing, so i replaced it...

this computer was a gift from my father and he bought the computer directly from gateway in late 2002, it is a gateway 500 series computer, and since the motherboard cracked and i replaced it, the computer had a dramatic "speed" decrease, it is hard to run even Warcraft III now, if any of you know what that is, i have a GeForce mx440 video card :angry: and 512mb of RAM, and before the replacement i had no problems whatsoever; i know i installed it correctly etc... im at work rite now and i cant check the model # of my new motherboard but i can post it when i get back to my apartment

(using windows xp)

so in conclusion -
before new motherboard=FAST :cool:
after new motherboard=SLOW :eek:

so could some1 please enlighten me as to what the problem could be? it is very frustrating =/

thx
aus

Is it supposed to be the exact same motherboard? Did they put it in or did you? Were there any drivers for it that came with it?

Were you using Windows XP before, and is there any new software that you have installed since the motherboard replacement?

Have you checked the BIOS to ensure that the computer is running at the speed it is supposed to be running at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom