new motherboard issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

I just replaced my Asus P5GD1 mobo and installed a Foxconn 915P7AC-8KS mobo in my computer(listed in sig).

When I try to boot up the computer it constantly acts like it's rebooting every 1/2 second. Doesn't even get close to starting POST.

Right after you press the button to start the computer up it tries to boot, then 1/2 second later it will restart again, again, again, again, continuously. I get no beeps, tried unhooking drives, and peripherals to no avail.

I tried to clear the CMOS.

any other ideas?

RAM is good, works fine in old motherboard. PSU also is good. 4 pin connector is plugged into the motherboard.

Well i just found something very interesting. Looking at the piece that holds the processor down, not the latch but the part that holds the processor down(on all the corners) is bent. The processor feels like it is solid in there when it is latched down but even if a couple of the pins were not touching slightly could this lead to my problem? If this is causing my problem do I dare try to bend it back? I am baffled how this even happened, I sure as heck didn't do it.

EDIT: I looked at my old motherboard and it has this same bend to it. I guess I never noticed that they had this bend in them.

Attachments

• 0103091704.jpg
    0103091704.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 60
  • 0103091705.jpg
    0103091705.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 60
  • 0103091705a.jpg
    0103091705a.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 60
sorry bud. if your other one was exactly the same as this one i dont see whats going on or why this mobo is throwing a hissy fit. could it be compatiability isusle with the mobo and the CPU or something else.

I am getting so aggravated with this I would like to take the tower in an empty field, toss a grenade in there and be done with it.

Still having the EXACT same problem with a NEW motherboard straight from FoxConn. I got my old one RMA'd. I know all my other components work fine, tried them in the Asus board. Does FoxConn make junk or what? They sure aren't getting any of my business again.

I'm about ready to go back to my Asus mobo, even though it's a POS too. Always takes 2 tries to boot on a cold startup. I bought another GB of RAM(already had 2GB) in it. Low and behold the mobo won't recognize anymore than 2GB of RAM. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. So I have a stick of RAM that's worthless, maybe I'll use it as a butter knife.

I have the worst luck with motherboards it seems.

Can anybody recommend a RELIABLE motherboard for me? I don't care if it's used or new, I just need something to get this paperweight working again.

Socket 775 P4 800 Mhz FSB(3.0 Ghz)
DDR 400 Memory(Needs to support 3 GB of RAM, 3 or 4 slots preferrably so I don't have to spend more money).
One PCI-X 16 slot
Two PCI slots
Two 1.5 Gbs SATA ports
One IDE controller

I am getting so aggravated with this I would like to take the tower in an empty field, toss a grenade in there and be done with it.

Still having the EXACT same problem with a NEW motherboard straight from FoxConn. I got my old one RMA'd. I know all my other components work fine, tried them in the Asus board. Does FoxConn make junk or what? They sure aren't getting any of my business again.

I'm about ready to go back to my Asus mobo, even though it's a POS too. Always takes 2 tries to boot on a cold startup. I bought another GB of RAM(already had 2GB) in it. Low and behold the mobo won't recognize anymore than 2GB of RAM. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. So I have a stick of RAM that's worthless, maybe I'll use it as a butter knife.

I have the worst luck with motherboards it seems.

Can anybody recommend a RELIABLE motherboard for me? I don't care if it's used or new, I just need something to get this paperweight working again.

Socket 775 P4 800 Mhz FSB(3.0 Ghz)
DDR 400 Memory(Needs to support 3 GB of RAM, 3 or 4 slots preferrably so I don't have to spend more money).
One PCI-X 16 slot
Two PCI slots
Two 1.5 Gbs SATA ports
One IDE controller

Dang that's a bummer. :( I would DEMAND a refund from foxcon or who ever you bought that mobo from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom